Monday, February 28, 2022

Forgiveness, and Everything's Fine

Yesterday, Nicole and Allison were being rotten to each other, so I separated them and put them into time-out for a while.  I later had them apologize to each other and say something nice to each other.  Allison, with a big smile, squeezed Nicole in a giant hug.  Nicole, however, remained a cold statue, so I sent her back to time-out.  Allison asked why I had sent Nicole back to time-out.  I told her it's because Nicole hadn't forgiven her.  Allison said, "I don't care if she forgives me."

"What do you care about?" I asked.

"I care about Nicole," she said.

At the butterfly world

Tonight, I read the children's book, Chrysanthemum, to Allison.  In the book, Chrysanthemum loves her name...until she goes to school.  At school, everyone has short names, like Jo, Pat, Max, Eve, Sue, and Rita.  The other children think Chrysanthemum's name is too long, and it doesn't even fit on her name tag.  I asked Allison how she thinks Chrysanthemum should feel.  "Fine," she said.  I asked her how she would feel if she were Chrysanthemum and all the children thought her name was too long.  She said, "Fine."  I asked her what she thinks Chrysanthemum should do.  She said, "Maybe she should make her name 'Chrys.'"

Guess which uncle the one in black pencil is

We like to call this "the sad ghost."


Sewing by Allison, under Grandma's supervision


Paintings by Allison

 
I made graham crackers in the shape of hearts.  This one was a triple heart.  I split it in half for Nicole and Allie, and naturally, Allie discovered it looked like an ear.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...