Thursday, February 17, 2022

She's learning a lot this year

Yesterday, Nicole told me that they visited another class where they ate mealworms.  In her straightforward, no-nonsense, sincere way, she said, "I ate five of them.  They were really good."  She told the other students right afterward, at lunch, that she liked the mealworms, and they just sat there and stared at her.  Finally Janie said, "I don't believe you."  Apparently, a bunch of the kids who ate the mealworms felt sick afterward (because they had lunch right after), and one boy felt so badly that he was going to throw up that he wore an N95 mask.

Another doozy - Nicole's teacher told the class that her older brother was chopping wood once and wasn't paying attention and chopped his thumb off, and then she showed a slide of his severed thumb to the class.  Nicole said that a bunch of the students closed their eyes or felt sick, but, in her own words, "I was perfectly fine.  I was like, 'Huh, interesting.'"  Hahaha

One more to showcase the unique value of Nicole's teacher - The teacher was teaching them about the human body, and they were studying the stomach that day.  So they filled plastic bags with a whole bunch of food and stuff and squeezed it around to look like the inside of a stomach, and then Nicole's teacher reported that Conrad had thrown up.  I can only approve of this science lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...