Monday, March 7, 2022

Random Quotes, issue one

Below are all the quotes I wrote in one document on my phone.  There may be repeats.  If I go through them all to make sure they've never been posted here, they may never make it onto here.

 

1/31/21

Allie, singing Pirates of Penzance:

"How beautiful his tail, how rare his beauty

How beautiful his BUTT."

(The real lyrics are: "How pitiful his tale, how rare his beauty...")

2/3/21


Nicole after seeing My Fair Lady: “Wait, is that the end?? How did they solve the problem?!


Another time...

Allie:  "Does alcohol change your bum like brown?"

Me:  "No."

Allie:  "What does it change? What does it change????"


3/5/21

Allie pauses while eating her soup: “I was actually not expecting this. I was expecting...peas.”

2/26/21

Nicole’s face all scrunched up and confused: “This doesn’t sound like music.” (Italics)


3/6/21

Nicole: “Wow, that’s a lot of poop!”

Allie looks up and smiles coyly, and says: “Indeed.”


3/29/21

Allie:  “Mommy, all my dolls already ate fluoride, including the cheetah—it’s lost, but it already ate fluoride.”

4/8/21


(After I put lotion on Allie.)

Allie:  “Trying to eat,” she whined. “Why did you disturb me??”

Another time...
Allie:  “May I please have one a different of a blanket?”


4/9/21
Allie did all the CVC flash cards Auntie sent her. After reading the word, “pip,” she said, “That is not a very nice word. It’s weird.”


Sometime in March 2021:

Daddy says to Allie, “Can you elaborate please?”

Allie opens her eyes wide in concentration and gurgles.


4/11/21

Nicole, after presenting her Primary lesson to the bishop's wife and their children:

“You may now...escape.”


April 2021

Me:  “You can have a little bit of cereal.”

Allie: “I’m scared of a little bit of cereal!”

Nice try.



4/23/21

Allie to Nicole:  “I pip you.  A ‘pip’ is another word for seed.”


5/14/21

Allie: “I wouldn’t say, ‘bald.’  That’s a weird word. ‘Bald’ means you have no hair.”


5/18/21

The wind kept blowing Allie’s paper that she was trying to hold down with rocks. Finally, an exasperated Allison yells, “Exhausting!”


5/20/21

What Nicole said about the chocolate milkshake that she didn’t like:

“It kind of tastes like a garden. A garden that has never been watered, or cared for, or loved.”


At the RS activity tonight, we were painting and there was also some chocolate in the middle of the table. I ate some and gave a piece to Allie.  She asked for some more but I said that was enough. I turn around to socialize and when I turn back to our table, I see Allie has painted with a Q-tip in purple paint, “choclit.”  You know what her mind was on.


Sensory details:
Nicole’s description of what it felt like to put lotion on her broken skin:  
“It felt like it was on fire and someone was pinching it over and over again.”


6/5/21

At the track meet in the sun, Nicole:

“It feels like someone lit me on fire and put hot water all over me that is a thousand degrees.”


6/6/21

Conversations with Nicole:


Nicole:  “I hope a girl wins.”

Me:  “Why?”

Nicole:  “Because, if a boy wins, he’ll probably be all selfish.”


“They’re gonna lose! Yay!”

“You want those girls to lose?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“Well, those girls are ‘Barbie Babies,’ and Barbies are bad!”

“Do you know what Barbies are?”

“Yeah, they’re these little toys that other girls like to play with.”


6/17/21

Nicole:  “The only cakes I like are Brazilian cakes.  They’re spongy, I like the sponginess.  Other cakes are like crackers.”


6/29/21

Allie, around sunset: “It’s a beautiful world. It’s a beautiful world…[I could] stay outside forever.” With a sigh, “It’s a lovely night.”


9-7-21

Nicole:  “...and then I would have a thousand dollars, and I would be rich, and I don’t want to be rich.  Plus, people would think I was cool, and I don’t want to be cool; I want to be ugly.”

Allie:  “You’re ugly right now.”

Nicole:  “Thank you.”


10/12/21

Alarm goes off on the way to pick Nicole up from school.  

Allie sings along, “Time to leave, time to leave.”  She chuckles, “We’re already leaving, Bud.”


10/25/21

Nicole describes her painful brain freeze: “It felt like my brain was about to be split in half.”


11/6/21

Nicole:  “Okay Allie, you won Quaker.”

Allie:  “One, two, three, talk!”

“Okay!…”


Another time...

Allie speaks something that no one understands.  “Seh Fwah, foo tup, put on.”

Daddy:  “I didn’t understand any of those words.”


11/7/21

Allie:  “I’m fine with everything.  I mean I’m happy with everything.  I’m happy if it’s good, I’m fine if it’s bad.”


11/21/21

Allie is holding her baby doll in her lap and starts singing very loudly, “…You failed to kill the alien!…”


11/21/21

Nicole interviewing Allison about which necklace pendants she liked:

Nicole: “What if I gave you this one?”

Allison: “I would have a smile on my face but I wouldn’t be happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...