I have been teaching Allison more and more animal sounds. For several weeks, she has been periodically crawling around on the floor saying, "Ruff ruff!" and panting like a dog. Aunt Rachel taught her an elephant noise on New Year's Eve, along with an arm signal for the trunk. We spent time with a few cats last week, and Allison's "meow" seems to have significantly improved, and got much more frequent. The last week or so, I've been working on "quack, quack," "moo," and "baaaaa" with her. Yesterday, she became a little bit obsessed with this one Sondra Boynton book, which was at her cousins' house (who we were babysitting for a few days). She kept bringing it to me to read.
"What does the cow say?"
"Mooooo!"
"What does the duck say?"
"Daht-daht!!!"
I tried to read the book to her, but she kept flipping me back to the page with the duck and the cow.
Tonight, she had "Barnyard Dance" at her disposal. As I read her the book, I stopped at the animals, as I always do, and asked, "What does the cow say?"
"MMMmmmmm!"
"What does the duck say?"
"Daht-daht!!!"
"What does the sheep say?"
"Baaaa!"
"What does the kitty cat say?"
"Meeow."
"What does the chicken say?"
"Ba-bah" (bock bock)
"What does the dog say?"
"Daht-daht!!"
"What does the dog say?"
"Daht-daht!!"
"The dog says woof woof. What does the dog say?"
"Daht-daht!!"
"The dog says woof woof. What does the dog say?"
"Daht-daht!!"
"What does the dog say?"
"Daht-daht!!"
Later, as she looked independently through the book, she could contain her enthusiasm for the duck no longer. She yelled,
"Dah-daht!! Dah-daaaahhhhht!!! DAH-DAAAAAAHHHHHHT!"
Finally, she gave up all pretense. As she deliberately flipped through each page one last time, she paused briefly on each page to yell, "Dah-daht!!" - "Dah-dahht!" - "Dah-dahht!!" - "Dah-dahht!!" - "Dah-daht!!" - "Dah-dahht!"
I think she might be a little bit obsessed.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rice
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
-
5-27-22 Me, singing: “I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two…” Nicole: “Mommy, how can you grow another foot or t...
-
12-10-22 Allie, randomly, during the beginning credits of Home Alone: “Why are we here? ‘Cause we could’ve just got teached in heaven.” 12-1...
-
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
No comments:
Post a Comment