I love Allison's awareness of others. For example, two Sundays ago, Nicole was crying because Allison accidentally kicked her in the eye. Allison stood up and inspected Nicole. I thought she was going to give her a hug again, but instead she turned around, walked over and picked up Nicole's favorite baby doll, and brought it over to her. Nicole readily and happily accepted it.
Last night, I wanted to see if Allison knew the word, "Uh-oh." So, in an attempt to get her to repeat the word, I dropped a baby book and said, "Uh-oh." Allison walked over, picked it up, and handed it to me.
I remember one thing from each of our children's baby blessings. In Nicole's blessing, I remember that she would love others - I remember that because it was repeated many times. In Allison's blessing this past February, I remember that she would be a support to her family and her sister.
 |
| Nicole |
 |
| Allison |
The house was filled with laughter and excited screams a couple weeks ago, as Nicole pushed Allison around in a box (or boat) all evening, piling more and more things onto her. By my observation, younger siblings are remarkably tolerant of whatever their older siblings bring upon them. They know no other reality. The way Nicole carts Allison around in a most uncomfortable fashion - Nicole hoisting Allison from behind, arms wrapped around her chest, Allison's back arched and belly sticking out, but Allison never crying or complaining - is an appropriate illustration of this common sibling dynamic.
Daddy took a picture of us because he was amused by our similar sleeping expressions:
Nicole and I made sugar cookies for Halloween, and shared some with our neighbors. I kind of like the one that looks like a video game character:
I finally found that little book that Nicole made right after she first started kindergarten. I also photographed one she made yesterday. It's amazing to me how much her penmanship has improved:
Sunny Sticker Book
 |
| Sune Sticr Bc |
 |
| Cock-a-doodle-doo! |
 |
| Boom. The flowers are booming. |
 |
| Is the sun bright |
 |
| Yes! The sun is bright |
The Girl Named Nicole
 |
| The girl named Nicole. |
 |
| Once a time. |
 |
| A girl named Nicole. |
 |
| The sun is happy. |
 |
| The sun is sad because it doesn't have any friends. |
 |
| The sun is happy because it sees a rainbow. |
 |
| The sun is sad. |
 |
| The sun is happy because the clouds are its friends. |
No comments:
Post a Comment