Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Allison's first word

Allison said her first word!...two months ago.

On September 11th, I took the cub scouts hiking while my co-leader babysat my kids because she couldn't hike because of a foot injury.  When I picked the girls up, I was engaged in conversation with my co-leader while Allison was waving and saying, "Buh-buh!"  So I didn't notice it until after the fact, and I said, "Was she saying, 'bye-bye'?  Did she just say her first word?"  However, she didn't repeat it again, so I wasn't sure.  However, a couple nights ago, when we left Grandma and Grandpa's house, Allison was waving again and saying, "Buh-buh!" and, "Duh-duh!"  So apparently that was her first word.

She also says, "Uh-oh," (or at least the intonations).  Daddy claims she says, "Buh-buh," for "ball."  Nicole and Daddy have each claimed at different times to have heard Allison say what sounds like, "Nicole."  Also, when I've handed Allisons items, I've heard her make the same intonation and rhythm I've created when I say, "Thank you."  Finally, I've also heard her say, "Ah-duh," (all done) a few times.  She's on her way to being a regular human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...