Thursday, August 26, 2021

A little personality

Something Allison has started saying lately is, "Everything's fine."  For example, yesterday, Allison was eating an ice cream cone, and I was telling her, "Allison, lick over here so it doesn't drip...and lick right here too!  Oh, it's dripping!"  She assured me, "Mommy,...everything's fine."  In other words:  Mommy, let's just chill.  I think she has a naturally laid-back nature that has come out a bit more since Nicole returned to public school about two weeks ago.

Allison is also tidy.  Yesterday, I held a little preschool at my house with some neighbor kids.  They put together a train set.  After the kids went home, Allison helped me put away the train tracks, and she organized the tracks in the box ever so neatly to maximize the number of tracks we could fit.

That night, I took out some new hand-me-down dinosaur pajamas for her, and just piled them in the corner of her room because I didn't want to deal with folding them while it was so late.  In the morning, I noticed her pajamas were gone.  I opened up her dresser drawer, and they were all folded neatly and put away--by Allison.  Such a funny girl.  Pretty much the opposite of Nicole in that way--Nicole doesn't care about doing things the "right" way, at least when it comes to cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...