Thursday, June 11, 2020

The past month or so

The cutest little bank robbers you ever saw.


Scenes from Allison's pretend play:







Art and projects:

Allison drew this picture, and I pointed out it looks
like a pig.  Allison's favorite animals are pigs and
hippos, so she couldn't contain her excitement and
she started jumping up and down in 2-year-old
fashion and exclaiming with joy, "A pig!!"

Nicole worked extremely hard on her science
experiment, which was optional extra work if she
wanted to earn a special award at her school.  She
developed the concept herself, but she got lots
of help from me with the writing.






















By Nicole - Mother's Day card for Grandma

Painted by Allison, for Grandma

One of Nicole's extra projects for school

Another extra project for school.  She had
to interview a veteran or member
of the military.  She chose her Auntie.

My neighbor had a baby, and instead of meals, she
asked for entertainment for her other three kids.  I prefer
resourcefulness to buying pre-made things, plus I know
how cramped these condos can get, so I didn't want
my neighbor to feel pressured to keep the games,
so I made them out of trash!
Nicole and Allie were pretty envious.

Coin toss out of apple packing from Costco

I walked through spelling her name.  Trying
 to communicate how to write the letter, "A,"
and watch Allie botch following
instructions so badly is HILARIOUS.
You should try it sometime.






Nicole took it upon herself today to tutor
Allison at art.  She went step by step, and
had Allie erase her mistakes.

Allie / Nicole




1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture of those girls in their masks! I like the homemade board game and coin toss; I agree that kids don't necessarily need anything expensive. The interview with Cassie was nice, too.

    ReplyDelete

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...