Sunday, May 12, 2019

School shoes

Nicole

Last month, Nicole was one of her elementary school's students of the month.  Each month, they recognize a student for exemplifying one of the IB qualities.  For Nicole, it was "Reflective."

Reflective
We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development.

She met with some administrators, got a cookie, and took a picture with the principal.  That was a fun day for her, because she also got to have lunch with her teacher for passing off the last of the "sight words" for her class!  We will really miss that school if Nicole doesn't return next year.


Allison

Allison's daddy likes wearing shoes all day.  (In contrast, I hate wearing shoes.)  Apparently, Allison has gravitated toward her daddy's philosophy, because she has developed a love for wearing shoes.  When I rush out the door in the morning to take Nicole to school, if I don't put Allison's shoes on her, she yells, "Shoes!  Shoes!  Shoes!"  (Sometimes sounds like, "Sue's.")  In the car, you may hear her mumbling, "Shoe.  Shoe.  Shoe.  Shoe.  Shoe."  In the morning, she knocks on the shoe closet and says, "Shoes."  When we went to a bridal shower last week, I eventually extracted her shoes.  But later, I found her with her shoes back on.  My sister-in-law confessed, "Allison walked over to her shoes, looked at them sadly, and said, 'Shoes...'"

The next morning, the first thing Allison said as she woke up next to me was, "Shoe!  Shoe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rice

Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...