Allison and Nicole are pretty unique from each other. Nicole is very physical. Allison is a little more laid-back. Nicole would always feel very wronged if you ever took control away from her and would put up a fierce fight.
But Allison's laid-back attitude doesn't mean she lacks will power. When she's decided she wants something, she is determined to get it. Last week, she really wanted to touch Daddy's computer. She would crawl toward it, and I would pick her up and put her back ten feet. She would crawl toward it again, and I would move her back. No matter how many times we repeated this, she continued to refocus her goal as soon as I put her back down on the ground, like a little baby robot whose arms and legs only know one setting: to crawl toward the computer. Finally, Daddy took over and blocked her from crawling over to the computer. I have never seen so much fury emanate from such a tiny person. For about ten minutes, she battled her Daddy, screeching and crying, her red face contorted with anger. Realizing that Daddy was not going to let her pass, she sat with legs straddled and pounded the floor between her legs. She arched her back angrily, shaking with frustration. Every now and then, she would make another attempt to climb over her daddy, but blocked from her goal, she would roll haphazardly onto her back, over and over, trying to cope with this obstacle between herself and her mission. It was a very hard lesson for a determined ten-month-old to learn.
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rice
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
-
5-27-22 Me, singing: “I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two…” Nicole: “Mommy, how can you grow another foot or t...
-
12-10-22 Allie, randomly, during the beginning credits of Home Alone: “Why are we here? ‘Cause we could’ve just got teached in heaven.” 12-1...
-
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
No comments:
Post a Comment