It sounded so much more like a mature vocalization than her typical baby squeal, and was so extended, that all three of us (who were surrounding her) laughed big belly laughs, and because her exclamation dragged on, we continued laughing. Then, Allison slowly looked around at our three faces, with huge, wide eyes. Her eyes seemed so big, and seemed to get bigger, as she turned her head from side to side, looking between each of our faces, taking in the noise of our laughter and our giant, attentive eyes and smiles. Gradually, her eyebrows furrowed as we watched her face turn to concern, then fear, and then pure sadness, just before she let out a cry, which straightaway turned to an inconsolable wail. Our happy baby was now a sad, crying puddle. I eventually had to take her in my arms and nurse her before she would calm down. I don't think I've ever witnessed something that illustrates so appropriately that Allison is, at this moment, just a genuine, innocent baby.
Monday, April 9, 2018
This is a baby
On Sunday, after Tim came home from work, he sat Allison on his lap facing him, and she exclaimed, "Ah-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
It sounded so much more like a mature vocalization than her typical baby squeal, and was so extended, that all three of us (who were surrounding her) laughed big belly laughs, and because her exclamation dragged on, we continued laughing. Then, Allison slowly looked around at our three faces, with huge, wide eyes. Her eyes seemed so big, and seemed to get bigger, as she turned her head from side to side, looking between each of our faces, taking in the noise of our laughter and our giant, attentive eyes and smiles. Gradually, her eyebrows furrowed as we watched her face turn to concern, then fear, and then pure sadness, just before she let out a cry, which straightaway turned to an inconsolable wail. Our happy baby was now a sad, crying puddle. I eventually had to take her in my arms and nurse her before she would calm down. I don't think I've ever witnessed something that illustrates so appropriately that Allison is, at this moment, just a genuine, innocent baby.
It sounded so much more like a mature vocalization than her typical baby squeal, and was so extended, that all three of us (who were surrounding her) laughed big belly laughs, and because her exclamation dragged on, we continued laughing. Then, Allison slowly looked around at our three faces, with huge, wide eyes. Her eyes seemed so big, and seemed to get bigger, as she turned her head from side to side, looking between each of our faces, taking in the noise of our laughter and our giant, attentive eyes and smiles. Gradually, her eyebrows furrowed as we watched her face turn to concern, then fear, and then pure sadness, just before she let out a cry, which straightaway turned to an inconsolable wail. Our happy baby was now a sad, crying puddle. I eventually had to take her in my arms and nurse her before she would calm down. I don't think I've ever witnessed something that illustrates so appropriately that Allison is, at this moment, just a genuine, innocent baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rice
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
-
5-27-22 Me, singing: “I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two…” Nicole: “Mommy, how can you grow another foot or t...
-
12-10-22 Allie, randomly, during the beginning credits of Home Alone: “Why are we here? ‘Cause we could’ve just got teached in heaven.” 12-1...
-
Tim bought a fancy new rice cooker and showed Allie how to make rice with it. Allie LOVES rice. After the rice was made, Tim mixed black bea...
No comments:
Post a Comment